With the help of a website called What’s That Bug, I have identified the big bug in the photo I posted on June 17. It’s a Leaf-Footed Bug, it has a long piercing mouthpart, and it does feed on flowers and fruits of its host plants. I’ve found more of these bugs in the tomato plants, and I’ve been removing them. Here is a close-up side view of a Leaf-Footed Bug. Its mouthpart is folded back under its body. Settings were f/6.3, 1/200, ISO 400.
I came across a pair of mating bugs and took a few photos. (I certainly don’t want more of these bugs around my tomatoes so they were removed from the plant after the pictures were taken.) Settings were f/6.3, 1/800, ISO 400.
A tomato photo. Settings were f/6.3, 1/160, ISO 400.
I had the camera on manual exposure this evening and wasn’t prepared when some Cattle Egrets flew by. I ended up with the opposite of my usual problem with evening bird photos–instead of the birds being too dark, they were too light and over-exposed. I darkened the picture and its certainly different from my other Cattle Egret pictures. Settings were f/5.6, 1/100, ISO 400.
This is a photo of a single Cattle Egret that flew past by itself. This photo was darker than the one above and I brightened the bird. Settings were f/6.3, 1/1000, ISO 400.
Richard out in the grass in his yard. Settings were f/5.6, 1/50, ISO 400.
And Lulu, lying casually beside the fence around the tomato plants and taking a quick sideways look for any stray tomatoes. Settings were f/6.3, 1/60, ISO 400.